Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ask the Experts

Question:
I have a white linen jacket which is lined. It does state to either hand wash, line dry or dry clean. I've been having it dry cleaned b/c I'm afraid of it losing it's shape and unsure about how the lining is going to look if it's not professionallly pressed. I would appreciate your suggestions.
-Dianne

Answer:
Hi Dianne,

I understand your hesitation as it is something we all need to break into slowly from dry cleaning to hand washing an item.

I always wash my blazers. I recommend turning it inside out treating the underarms and cuffs with stain solution and any other visible stains. Put in a mesh washing bag on the delicate cycle-cold or warm water. Then you will hand to dry right side out.

You can press and steam once it is dry. If you want to you can take it to the dry cleaner to have pressed only if you are not satisfied with your pressing.

Gwen and I wash our blazers and steam them all the time. It will make your white blazer look brighter and will remove all the unnecessary chemicals.

You might need to iron and steam linen so we recommend a light starch for this or our Stiffen-Up.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best, Lindsey

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Our Blog