Friday, August 26, 2011

Shopping a French Market with Gwen...

Shopping a market in France - especially in Provence is an amazing experience!  Especially for someone like me who gets excited just by the beauty of produce on display. The food is all local and absolutely beautiful and delicious!

We came prepared with recipes, so we were ready to be cooking in the local style. My friend and design/cooking guru who owns “Bloom” in Sag Harbor swears by this book - she told me to read it cover to cover!





I love this throw, beach blanket, pareo, etc...I bought one at the market and have used it every weekend since - from my lounge chair to table cloth. I wish I got one for all my friends!



buy it here ] 




You can’t shop without a traditional French market tote!


 [ buy it here




While a panama hat isn’t indigenous to France - straw craft and millinery is. I walked away with my new favorite city hat!



Espadrilles are just such “happy” shoes - they just scream holiday!



 [ buy it here


While I must admit I was jaded about lavender since it is practically everywhere - there really is NOTHING like authentic French lavender.  Lindsey and I did a side by side of the French and some from here together at the office and it was just sad!




The south of France is the soap Mecca. From traditional Marseilles soap to argon oil and olive oils. I love these raw blocks on the twine.





Even the onions are a piece of art!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Our Blog