Want laundry detergent fit for a kidnapped heiress? Repeat after us: Use the Bite's fave detergents to avoid unhealthy chems. It's a better kind of behavior modification.
• Oil (not mind) control. If every U.S. household replaces one box of 48-ounce, petroleum-based powder laundry detergent with a vegetable-based one, we'll save enough oil to heat and cool 5,300 homes for a year.
• Coercing less irritation. Fragrances and harsh solvents such as ammonia in some conventional detergents can trigger allergies and asthma, and cause skin irritation.
• Joining a cult of fresh fragrances. You'll wanna take a nice, long whiff.
• Not losing concentration. All our fave liquid options are concentrated, so their production and transport uses less energy and packaging.
As our resident laundry product tester, Jenifer (a devoted Laundress fan) has the cleanest clothes on the team by far.
• Mrs. Meyer's Laundry Detergent - concentrated, works like a charm, and we love the lavender scent ($15/64 loads).
• Ecover Laundry Powder - powder's always a nice, cheap bet; this version works almost as well as our fave liquid ($7/19 loads).
• Laundress Whites Detergent - solid bleach-free detergent that brings out the brightness in your whites and smells superfresh ($20/32 loads).
• OxiClean Free - for tough whitening jobs, it gets whites whiter without the fragrance in typical OxiClean; you can also use as a booster for colors ($10/28 loads).
For the Laundromat
• Dropps - portable (read: great for travel) liquid detergent in packets that biodegrade during the wash cycle; approved by the EPA's Design for the Environment program ($7/20 loads).
For more, click here.