Monday, August 10, 2009

ASK THE EXPERTS GWEN AND LINDSEY

Frustrated with tough stains, not sure how to clean your precious heirlooms, sick of yellowing on your favorite tees? Fret no more "Ask The Experts Gwen & Lindsey" on our website.

Here is this week's question and answer:

Q: "I am trying to get my white sheets nice and white. While I regularly use your Whites detergent for them, I will admit that I have also tried it with bleach and feel this may have actually hurt my cause (as they are now dingy and a little yellowed). Do you have a recommendation on how to get them white again? Should I consider adding some of your new bleach alternative? Love your products, thank you so much!" -Stephanie

A: "Hi Stephanie, I feel your pain. I understand the need to go to the dark side (bleach) sometimes....usually, it works, however the downturns need to be known. One of the reasons I call it the dark side is because it will and does weaken the fabrics. I have literally put my hand through multiple sets of fitted sheets prior to my laundress career! Secondly, bleach yellows polyester, silk and synthetic fibers - so if your linens have any kind of blend this would attribute to yellowing. And just plain and simple - sometimes chlorine bleach results are yellowing vs. whitening. I do recommend our bleach alternative, we have been so excited about the performance - and if it doesn't solve your bedding problems you can use it for your other laundry and to clean your whole house! Happy laundering!" -Gwen

7 comments:

rudin1969 said...

I've written to the Laundress twice but I have not got a reply. I have problems with foam -- both the Signature and the Whites detergents produce A LOT of foam in my front loader and I really don't know how to solve the problem. I was so frustrated the other day that I ended up throwing away half a bottle of Signature detergent.... Any advice?

The Laundress said...

Hi there - I'm sorry that you haven't gotten a response. We do get a lot per week, but do our best to follow up with every question.

In regards to your question, how much detergent are you using per load?

rudin1969 said...

Thanks for the reply. I'd used a different e mail address in my original e mails (one was sent in August and one last week).
My problem is as follows:
I've tried most of the Laundress liquids (Signature, Whites, Darks, Jeans, Wool) in my Miele front-loader. Recently, I've had to use half the recommended amount for front-loaders (ie. 15 ml, sometimes even less). I'm very happy with the cleaning and the scent. However, even when using so little detergent (and irrespective of the washing temperature selected), I've had problems with excessive foaming -- to the extent that my washer had to add extra rinses to try and get rid of the foam. I was so frustrated the other day that I ended up throwing away a half used bottle of the Signature detergent... Any advice?
Many thanks
Andrea, Milan, Italy

rudin1969 said...

Sorry, your e mail from October 19th sounded promising, but you haven't got back to me yet...

The Laundress said...

Hi there, we apologize for the delay...

We've heard this before, especially with Miele machines.

You need to use practically nothing when it comes to our detergent. European Mieles are smaller than the US versions so you need to use barely any detergent...1 squirt should suffice.

rudin1969 said...

Great -- many thanks indeed! I'm sorry I've been pestering you, but I do think that the Laundress products are top quality and was really reluctant to give up on the detergents.... Will the sports detergent be available in Italy any time soon?

The Laundress said...

Look for it on our www.thelaundress.eu site next week! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Our Blog